With the addition of Jaswanth on customer experience and Orlando on design and UX, we have been planning a new release schedule to better organize our work and to provide our customers with more often updates.
The solution is simple and fun: Next week, we'll jump from 1.2.5 to release OxyPowerPack 2.0 "Chihuahua", following our new release scheme:
- Minor Releases (ie. 2.0.1 or 2.0.2) will be released quarterly.
- Named Releases (ie. 2.1 or 2.2) will be deployed every two months and will be named after a dog breed.
- Major Releases (ie. 2.0 or 3.0) are named too and will include important changes/features, should happen every several months or every year.
- Patches (ie. 18.104.22.168) Urgent hotfixes that we need to deploy quickly, without waiting for the next scheduled release. Hopefully this will seldom happen.
First named versions:
- 2.0 Chihuahua (August 2020) Major Release
- 2.1 Boxer (October 2020) Named Release
- 2.2 Labrador Retriever (December 2020) Named Release
- 2.3 ? (February 2021) Named Release
All this means more work for us, but also a better product development. And we also want to finally reflect this in our product price. We have been playing with the idea of increasing the price, but finally we decided to increase it to $89USD with the release of 2.0 Chihuahua.